I haven't read what I would define as "a lot" of Stephen King. I'm familiar with his work mostly through films. I own a lot of his books in Signet Paperbacks. The one's I'm referring to tend to have abstract, minimalist covers with a mostly black cover. I started buying those back in the 2010s because I thought I wanted to read more King. I read his first anthology of short stories, Night Shift, and really enjoyed that. I read Carrie was blown away. Then I tried to read Salem's Lot and his a wall. It really depressed me. There is something about the atmosphere in that novel that just really unsettles me. I should return to it though. Looking over at my shelf, I own the following Signet Paperbacks: Salem's Lot, Thinner, Cujo, Needful Things, The Dark Half, The Stand, Firestarter, The Dead Zone, Nightmares and Dreamscapes, The Tommyknockers, Night Shift, Skeleton Crew, and Carrie. I have an extra copy of the Signet Cujo and Thinner, if anyone wants to trade.
I haven't read a lot of Cordwainer Smith. I want to read Norstrillia. I need to buy a copy of that. I also want to read The Rediscovery of Man, one of his celebrated anthologies. Can anyone suggest if I should start with his short fiction first or his major novel? It's interesting he had a PhD in Political Science and went to Johns Hopkins.
I feel like I'm a broken record: I haven't read a lot of the Doc Savage stories. I need more. I know the character was highly influential on Siegal and Schuster, the creators of Superman. I find Lester Dent an interesting figure in the history of pulp fiction. I can't imagine writing 150+ novels about the same character. The ability of pulp writers to just churn out narrative is very impressive.
I love Valheim. We might consider starting a TRIAPA Valheim server. My wife and I and friends around the states started a server and played for a long time. We played from the release of the game for about a year, so I know there has been a lot of development since then, i.e. different zones have been opened it. I often wish there was some sort of virtual zone where people can have avatars and hang out and related in some of artificial space. I think back to the late 90s and early 00s, when I played MMORPGs. It was a vaguely satisfying feeling, logging onto Ultima Online or World of Warcraft and "seeing people" gathered together. Seeing a bunch of clustered, busy avatars is a different feeling than seeing a list of names on Discord.
What sort of classic anime have you been watching? I've been watching some more recent anime. I'm currently watching Demon Slayers and Attack on Titan. Does Avatar count (it is a European animation company, right)? I was in grad school when Avatar was being watched by teenagers, so I never deigned to watch it. After several students insisted that I check it out, I must admit--I'm a man-child--I'm hooked. It has not business being that good.
Tom Baker is my favorite Dr. Who. It's easy for me to say that, because I am most familiar with his episodes. Before I can really get behind that statement, I need a baseline of comparison, and this would mean watching a lot of Dr. Who.
I enjoyed your process art. The two-colored array of circles is intriguing. I have a friend who is into "glitch" art, and processes photos in a similar way. It's a neat project.